At Church & Dwight, we continue to accelerate new product development to meet the ever-changing needs of our consumers.
Our Global New Product Innovation team is focused solely on new product development. This team leads our company’s cross-functional effort and, in partnership with our R&D colleagues, uses both internal and external resources to identify, design and market new products. New products launched by this team since it was started now account for 40% of Church & Dwight's annual consumer product sales in the US.
Research & Development
We conduct research and development activities primarily at our Corporate Technology Center in Princeton, New Jersey. We devote significant resources and attention to product and package development, process technology and basic research. The overriding goal: always delight our consumers by exceeding their expectations for all new products, line extensions, product improvements, and value initiatives.
To increase our innovative capabilities, we also engage outside contractors and consultants for general R&D in activities beyond our core areas of expertise. Over the last three years (ending 2015), we have invested more than $170 million on R&D activities.
Some of our recent innovations in Household products include:
- ARM & HAMMER™ Clump & Seal™ MicroGuard™ Cat Litter prevents bacterial odors and provides 7-day odor control
- ARM & HAMMER™ BioEnzyme Power Laundry Detergent a biodegradable detergent with stain-fighting enzymes
- OXICLEAN™ Preserve Laundry Detergent For age-defying clothing care, it removes dried-on stains, locks-in color, and prevents pilling.
Personal Care Innovations
Some of our recent innovations in Personal Care products include:
- ARM & HAMMER™ Truly Radiant™ Toothpaste for a radiant smile in just 5 days (Data on file.)
- TROJAN™ Groove™ Condom Lubricated channels keep lube in place 2X better than our standard latex condom.
- FIRST RESPONSE™ Pregnancy Pro Digital Pregnancy Test Kit and App Access 24/7 cycle and pregnancy support from your phone